The Top Baby Names of 2020

The U.S. Social Security website has released two lists of the most popular baby names of 2020. They have put together one list of girl’s names and one list of boy’s names. Top 10 Girls Names of 2020: Olivia, Emma, Ava, Charlotte, Sophia, Amelia, Isabella, Mia, Evelyn, Harper Many of those names were in the top ten girls names of 2019: Olivia, Emma, Ava, Sophia, Isabella, Charlotte, Amelia, Mia, Harper, Evelyn. The top three names on the 2019 list match the ones on the 2020 list. Other names on in the top ten of 2019 shifted around a bit. For … Continue reading

Study: “Good Enough” Parenting is Good Enough

Parents are human, and all humans make mistakes. Some parents worry that if they are not perfect parents, it could result in lasting harm to their babies. A study from Lehigh University debunks that idea. “Good enough” parenting is actually good enough. A study titled: “Secure Base Provision: A New Approach to Examining Links Between Maternal Caregiving and Infant Attachment” was published in the journal Child Development. It was co-authored by Susan S. Woodhouse (an expert on infant attachment), Julie R. Scott (of Pennsylvania State University), Allison D. Hepsworth (of the University of the Maryland School of Social Work), and … Continue reading

Baby Center Lists Most Popular Baby Names of 2018

Earlier this year, the Social Security Administration released their list of the top ten baby names of 2017. They have not yet released their 2018 list. Baby Center, however, has put together a list of the most popular baby names of 2018. One interesting thing about these two lists of popular baby names is that they do not match each other. Typically, there are some differences from year to year. Some names move up or down in rank, and sometimes brand new names are added. Baby Center Top Ten Girls Names 2018: * Sophia * Olivia * Emma * Ava … Continue reading

Top Ten Baby Names of 2017

The Social Security Administration releases a brand new list of the top ten most popular baby names of the year. They have released the list of names for 2017. Obviously, they cannot create a list for a given year until after the year is over. The Top Ten Baby Names for Boys in 2017 were: Liam Noah William James Logan Benjamin Mason Elijah Oliver Jacob Liam ranked number one in 2016, 2015, and 2014. Mason was number two in 2011 and 2012, number three in 2014 and 2015, and number four in 2013 and 2016. James was rank two in … Continue reading

The Most Popular Baby Names of 2016

Every year, the Social Security Administration releases a list of the most popular baby names from the previous year. There is a list for names given to baby girls, and another list of names given to baby boys. In general, the lists change – even if only slightly – from one year to the next. The Social Security Administration uses specific qualifications regarding the names that end up on the list. Names are restricted to cases where the year of birth, sex, and State of birth (50 and District of Columbia) are on record, and where the given name is … Continue reading

Good Reasons to Use Cloth Diapers

There was a time when the only option mothers had was to use cloth diapers. Today, parents can pickup packages of plastic, disposable, diapers from any grocery store. Not all parents are doing that, however. It appears that cloth diapers are making a comeback. There are plenty of good reasons to use cloth diapers. According to Vogue, cloth diapers are becoming trendy, especially for parents who are part of the Millennial generation. Scientific American says that climate change is the issue of the Millennial generation. Cloth diapers are much better for the planet than disposable diapers are. According to the … Continue reading

Top Ten Baby Names of 2013

Parents who are trying to select a name for their baby might want to visit the Social Security website. Every year, they gather data from Social Security card applications and use it to determine the most popular baby names of that year. This might help you to pick a popular name for your child. Or, it could inspire you to come up with something more unique than the names that are on the list. How does the Social Security Administration go about discovering the most popular names for 2013? They looked at 100% of their records on Social Security card … Continue reading

Can Your Homeschool Blog Earn Money? {Part 2}

In part 1 of, Can Your Homeschool Blog Earn Money?, I covered how to create a blog posts that attract readers.  Creating good content is the first step to creating a quality blog.  I cover this in Blogging Tips and Tricks as well.  Today, I want to cover a few more background areas before discussing opportunities, so hang in there.  When I say profitable with regards to your homeschool, I do not simply mean financially. Let’s start by exploring what makes a good homeschool blog. The competition is fierce.  While you need to be aware of what your competitors are … Continue reading

Are You a Good Housekeeper?

Are you a good housekeeper? What would others in your home say about that? I would guess it’s not something most of us think about too much. We have way too many other important responsibilities in life to give much thought to it. But for whatever reason, one day I decided to ask my family if they thought I was. Believe it or not, I had to explain to my teens what a housekeeper was. They had no idea what I was talking about. “What’s a housekeeper?” they asked. So I had to rephrase the question. “What kind of a … Continue reading

Disney Interactive Teases Big Game Releases for 2013

“Cars 2: The Game” made even less of an impression than the film As much as I’m a big Disney fan and a big video game fan, I’m not into Disney Interactive. That’s the company’s video game arm. So when a Business Insider article reveals that CFO Jay Rasulo hints that 2013 is going to see two big titles come out in the first half of the year, my response is a resounding “meh.” The first title is “Epic Mickey 2,” due out at the beginning of 2013. I enjoyed “Epic Mickey” and the details I’ve seen for its sequel … Continue reading