Quick and Easy Holiday Party Ideas

If you want to host a fabulous party but don’t want an equally fabulous bill at the end of it, try one of the following easy holiday party ideas. You can celebrate the season while still staying on budget. Dessert Party Everyone loves desserts, especially during the holidays, when we all want to indulge a little bit. Desserts can be much cheaper than providing a whole spread, especially if you make them yourself from scratch. To save even more money, ask each guest to bring one dessert. Provide the plates, the forks, the spoons and the coffee. Open House During … Continue reading

Fun and Easy Graduation Party Ideas

A friend called me the other day asking for help to create a luau for her nephew’s upcoming high school graduation party. Apparently, the boy is planning to attend the University of Hawaii at Manoa in the fall and to celebrate his family is throwing him a Hawaiian-themed bash. I love the idea of theme parties, especially for occasions that don’t really call for them. After all, grad parties have a pre-selected theme and come equipped with a slew of ready-made decorations. You can buy just about any type of graduation party supply with the words “Congratulations” or “Class of … Continue reading

Castle Birthday Party Idea Part 3

The games are done, and everyone is ready to eat. In this series, I am sharing my ideas for throwing a castle-themed child’s birthday party for less than $100. If you missed Castle Birthday Part Idea Part 1, click here. If you missed Castle Birthday Party Idea Part 2, click here.  Food for a party can be one of the biggest expenses. You want to make sure that there is enough food for everyone, to accommodate different tastes. I suggest a mixture of home made food with some convenience items, such a a bulk package of frozen chicken nuggets or … Continue reading

Eleven Ways to Save on a Child’s Birthday Party

How can you throw a great kids birthday party on a budget? Keep in mind the following 11 ways to save. Take an inventory When you are just starting to plan your child’s birthday party, first take inventory of what you may already have on hand. This can help you avoid unnecessary purchases and save money. Combine the craft with the take away Set up a craft that goes with your birthday party theme. Let the kids create or decorate it and then take it home. This way you can skip the goodie bags. Some ideas include sand art, photo … Continue reading

Cheap Summer Snack Ideas

School is out and the living is easy. Days are filled with fun in the sun, adventures in the yard, camp, amusement parks and more. All of that activity makes kids hungry but reluctant to slow down. Here come the summer snacks to the rescue. Kids can fill up on nutritious high energy snacks without adding additional money to the grocery budget. The secret is all in how you play it. So, while the kids get excited about all of their accomplishments this summer, mom can earn a few extra points with the following cheap snack ideas. Popcorn Homemade popcorn … Continue reading

Low Cost Ways to Party

We are planning to have a birthday party for my youngest son at our house in less than a month. We are in the middle of some chaos at the house (nothing new), so we have our work cut out for us to get everything ready. If money was no option, we might just hire things out, but as it is, we are opting for low-cost or no-cost ways to get it all done. Here are the ideas I am batting around today, as we start to make our plans. Cleaning in Pieces In the last few weeks, we have … Continue reading

Last Minute Costume Ideas For Toddlers

Did you just look at the calendar and have a minor meltdown because Halloween is a week away? Parents of toddlers are busy, and sometimes things like buying or making Halloween costumes fall by the wayside as we try to take care of the necessities each day before we run out of time and energy. Fortunately, there are a few quick and inexpensive costumes that you can whip up in no time so that your little monsters won’t miss any Halloween fun. If your child has a rain coat and rain boots, you are on your way to making a … Continue reading

Your Church Halloween Party

With all the changes that have been going on lately in our ward, it is a little chaotic. In the shuffle, there have not been any callings made just yet. So, the new bishop asked me to help out with our church halloween party since I had worked most recently with the children in our ward. So I agreed. This year, we aren’t going to do a trunk or treat like many wards do. While I love that idea, and it is usually so fun and simple, we are going to try and throw together some activities that the kids … Continue reading

Three Direct Sales Business Ideas

If you are looking through the large selection of direct selling opportunities out there, you may be familiar with names like Mark Kay, Avon, and Amway. Perhaps the products offered by those companies appeal to you, and perhaps not. If not, there are many, many other direct selling opportunities to choose from. Here are three ideas to get you started. Thirty One Gifts is a company which takes its name from the Bible. Customers can shop through their catalog or web site, or attend a home party hosted by one of their consultants. Many of the products offered by Thirty … Continue reading

Homemade Graduation Party Favors

Not for nothing, but these are not the kind of favors I’ll be handing out at my daughter’s high school graduation party. Fortunately, you don’t have to choose controversial or costly items to hand out to guests at a commencement party. Most of the people attending your student’s shindig are there to reminisce about the many milestones they’ve accomplished in high school and chat about what the future holds as they head off to college. The focus of the party should be on spending quality item with one another; not worrying about what types of trinkets should be dispersed at … Continue reading