StoryCorps – Podcast Review

StoryCorps is my favorite podcast. I’ve been listening to the program for years, and I’m thrilled it is now available as a podcast. The StoryCorps people travel around the country recording the stories of everyday people. Since 2003, they have interviewed tens of thousands of people. The storytellers get a free CD to take home and share. The stories are also archived at the Library of Congress for future generations. Every time I hear StoryCorps podcast I am so grateful for this oral history project. The stories are marvelous, and provide such an insight into other people’s lives. So what … Continue reading

Genealogy or The Importance of the Past

Very recently my wife and I each received, from our respective families, documented evidence of our family trees. This reminded me, again, of the importance of family in our lives and in the life of our soon-to-be-born son. The first came from my Aunt who had literally purchased a computer for the purpose of creating a digital scrapbook of the family tree from my father’s parents to the present day. This would be the new technology version. While the scrapbook was created and completed on a computer it looks every bit like a scrapbook with framed and unframed photos layered … Continue reading