Biking from Alaska to Argentina: A Homeschooling Road Trip

If it wasn’t for a comment Nancy Sathre-Vogel left on one of my Pets articles I never would have known about the extraordinary undertaking she and her husband plan to make with their two boys and dog: a bicycle trip from Alaska to Argentina. (I for sure had to interview her about that!) Along the way she and her husband will be homeschooling their boys. I thought it would make an intriguing interview to post here. Courtney Mroch: On your website, you have a box encouraging teachers and homeschoolers to contact you for a “unique, dynamic way to help [their] … Continue reading

Building Your Homeschool Community (Part II)

In my previous post, I described the different types of homeschooling communities I belong to and expressed my desire to create a community here on families.com. Here is my proposal: Families.com has an awesome forums structure. The discount and coupon people use it heavily, and I would like for us (those interested in homeschooling) to utilize it in very much the same way. If you go to the families.com forums, and scroll down to the Parenting section you will find homeschooling tucked in there among the other topics. I strongly encourage you to participate in the families.com homeschooling forum. It … Continue reading