Your Tween May be Posting Personal Information on Instagram

Instagram is a popular social media website that is primarily about photos. People post selfies, photos of what they had for dinner, vacation photos, and whatever else they want to share online. What many parents don’t realize is that teens and tweens are sharing a lot more than photos on Instagram! The terms of service at Instagram state: “You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service”. It is possible for a teenager to simply make their own Instagram account without asking their parent for permission to do so first. Some parents will make an Instagram account … Continue reading

How to Declutter Your Social Media

Want to start off the new year with a nicer, happier, more interesting online experience? One way to do it is to take the time to declutter your social media. Keep the connections that add value to your life and get rid of the rest. You might also want to cancel accounts on social media websites that you have stopped using. Social media can be fun and entertaining. Unfortunately, it also has the potential to turn into a drama-filled, stressful, nightmare of a place to visit. The problem with following too many people is that it makes it hard to … Continue reading

Five Ways to Save on Your Next Move

Summer is a prime time for moving. Families typically uproot at this time, when the weather is good, the kids are out of school and the parents can take time off of work. With the economy picking up, the demand for moving services is picking up as well. This means that costs may be slightly higher than in previous years. If you are planning or considering a move and are budget-conscious, you’ll want to keep reading. There are a few insider tips and tricks that can greatly reduce the costs associated with moving. Don’t Move at the End of the … Continue reading

Where to Sell Your Stuff

You’ve gone through the house and decluttered the lot. You are living more simply and more organized, and you finally have space to breath. Or maybe you just want to clear out some things that have been taking over your home. Whatever the reason you have taken the step to clear the clutter, you can profit beyond having a neater place to live. Sell your excess stuff and get the cash. There are many places where you can sell your stuff and make some money. It all depends on what you have, how much time you are willing to spend … Continue reading

10 Money Saving Ideas for Your Home

Spend less, save more, and make your house a home with the following ten money saving ideas. 1. Buy Less Most of us have more stuff than we need, and we continually add to it all of the time. Think about borrowing instead of purchasing, and evaluate what you really can’t live without in your home. You’ll save money and have a more peaceful environment. 2. Learn to Make Repairs A simple change of a washer will cost you just a couple of dollars if you do it yourself, but if you call a plumber, you will be given a … Continue reading

Extending the Life of Your Food

I really hate to throw out good food, but it happens so often. Leftovers get forgotten in the back of the fridge, produce is bought with good intentions and then not used in time or food is left out too long on the counter. One time, we had to toss a whole bag of frozen food because both my husband and I had thought each other put the food away. Sigh. Minimizing food waste is a good way to reduce the food budget. Here are some of the ways that my family now minimizes food waste. Having a Plan If … Continue reading

Take Your Family to a Buffet Today!

Going to a buffet is a great way to take your family out to dinner and stay within your budget. Right now, a very popular chain of buffets is offering a “Kids Eat Free” deal. You have to print out the coupon and use it today, September 30, 2012. There is a chain of buffets that go by different names depending on which part of the country they are located in. Each serves the same types of food, and offers the exact same types of deals. Check over this quick list to see which name you recognize. Chances are, there … Continue reading

Saving on Your Work Wardrobe

High ho, high ho, it’s off to work and school we go…. Heading off to thrift stores or swapping clothes with friends is a lot of fun, but what else can you do to save on your work wardrobe this year? Choose basic items so that you don’t feel compelled to buy, buy, buy! Black pants go with any number of different tops. So do white shirts. If you’re staying home with the kids or in a more casual job, jeans are a great standby and go with just about everything. Avoid dry clean and hand wash only items. Have … Continue reading

What’s In Your Environment

Have you heard that Johnson & Johnson will be cleaning up their personal care products by 2015? Up until recently no one seemed to give much thought to what was in their products. We bought whatever was on sale to clean with and we all have our favorite lotions and potions. Did you ever think about what was in all that stuff you surround yourself with? There has been a push to “go green” and I try to be green but sometimes I fall down on the job. It’s easier to get the scent I want out of a product … Continue reading

Airing Your Dirty Laundry

Despite my love for Facebook and the fact that I allow my teens to partake, there are definitely times when the spotlight shines on the downside. Take for instance when a teenager decides to air their dirty laundry. Thankfully my teens are respectful enough (or maybe it’s just that they are smart enough to know better) to not say negative things about me on Facebook. I don’t care if they think I’m being unfair or that I don’t know what I’m talking about; voicing these opinions on social media is a no-no. I’m also glad they don’t share with the … Continue reading