The 2008 Emmy Rundown

After an opening from Oprah, the 60th Annual Emmys kicked off and lot of stars found themselves taking home the coveted statue last night. In a different twist, last night’s show was hosted by five reality hosts – Ryan Seacrest (“American Idol”), Tom Bergeron (“Dancing with the Stars”), Heidi Klum (“Project Runway”), Howie Mandel (“Deal or No Deal”), and Jeff Probst (“Survivor”). (Photo source by Alan Light is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0) Who took home the big win last night? AMC’s critically acclaimed “Mad Men” won Outstanding Drama Series while “30 Rock” won Outstanding Comedy Series. Personally, I … Continue reading

Blasphemy, Free Speech and Kathy Griffin’s World View

I enter this realm very hesitantly. The new media darling has created a fire storm with her speech when she accepted her Emmy award last week. She was blasphemous and rude, and in fact, so much so that her comments aren’t appropriate for this site. I can merely refer to them here–but everyone knows what I’m talking about. Let me be clear from the get go that I’m not excusing her blasphemous remarks. I have always felt that there are some limits on free speech. Free speech should never give a license for disrespect. What I find further ironic in … Continue reading