logo

The Global Domain Name (url) Families.com is currently available for acquisition. Please contact by phone at 805-627-1955 or Email for Details

Online Classes – The Up and Coming Trend

Education. It is such a powerful word. When it comes to our kids, we always want the best. After all, they are our kids. But what about us? Is it not important for us too? Did we give up our chances when we said “I do”? Well, if that is what you think, you are wrong! There are many opportunities out there for us to return to school – even with a family and the many obligations we have. One of the most popular choices for parents (or even working adults in general) is the slew of colleges offering online classes and degrees. There are many to choose from. In fact, it is possible to get a complete (and accredited) degree without ever stepping foot in the classroom. There are many reasons why some people choose this method.

First of all, there is the flexibility. Traditional classrooms require you to be in class at a specific time. Well, with the many obligations that being a parent involves, this does not work for everyone. In an online environment, this is not the case. You get to choose when you go to class. Of course, there are certain requirements but most of them do not require you to log on at any specific time.

Secondly, there is the quality of the instructors. Imagine living in California and taking an online course on finance or investing. Now, imagine your instructor living in New York and working on Wall Street. Online classes often attract highly qualified experts in their field.

A third advantage to online classes is the perspective you get from your classmates. Imagine interacting with classmates from around the globe. Reading their online posts and interacting with them would definitely bring you new insight. Now, you do not get that from your local junior college!

Related articles:

Online Learning

More Online Learning Options

This entry was posted in College by Shannon Stepp. Bookmark the permalink.

About Shannon Stepp

My name is Shannon Stepp. I am a 34 year old high school teacher. I have been married for almost 14 years and have three children ages 12, 11, and 8. I spent two years homeschooling them and then decided to let them return to private school. My hobbies include writing, reading, and spending time with my family. Keeping up with them can be a full-time job! I enjoy teaching and really love working with high schoolers. They teach me as much as I teach them!