The Sad News About Scrapbooking Company – Top Line Creations

Every scrapbooker dreams of doing what they love to earn an income. Many choose to sign with scrapbooking companies where they really do get paid for scrapbooking by selling products and other supplies which make scrapbooking easier both digitally and for the paper scrapper. Most people put forth a lot of effort to grow a business of their own and are devastated when it comes to a halt or they lose money. It was a sad day for Top Line Creations (TLC) consultant’s on April 4, 2008, as the following statement was released by corporate headquarters: “As of April 4, … Continue reading

Movie News: Sir Ian Goes Buck Wild and Downey Saddles Up

Last year Sir Ian McKellen shocked audiences in New York when he dropped his pants during his title role as “King Lear.” The “Lord of the Rings” star revealed his private parts as part of a scene that depicts Lear losing his sanity. The show was given high marks from critics and PBS taped it to air on its stations across the nation, only now, the question is whether McKellen’s full-frontal scene will be televised. Since PBS is not a cable network (in fact it airs educational programming exclusively) execs there have to worry about how much of McKellen is … Continue reading

How the News Affects Kids

Parents who have been paying attention to the news may find themselves experiencing a range of emotional reactions to it. What parents may not realize is that their kids may also have been reading the news. Common Sense Media has a report that gives insight into how the news affects kids. Common Sense Media is the leading nonprofit organization dedicated to helping kids thrive in a world of media and technology. They help empower parents, teachers, and policymakers by providing unbiased information, and to help them harness the power of media and technology as a positive force in all kids’ … Continue reading

Toddlers and the News

Today, a terrible thing happened in Connecticut. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and the community who are affected by the school shooting. Their loss is being felt around the world. Unfortunately, there seems to be no shortage of terrible things happening lately. Even in a home where there is no television outside of DVDs and PBS, I am always aware of the horrifying things that are going on in the world thanks to Facebook and email. As an adult, I do not mind being exposed to news, even news of tragedies, because it is important to be … Continue reading

Working from Home has Some Disadvantages

It can be difficult for parents to find a reliable source of childcare while they are working. If your child has special needs, then you may find it hard to find caregivers that have the knowledge about how to properly care for your child. Telecommuting may open up some options. It also can bring on new problems. There are a lot of companies that allow employees to work from home, or telecommute. In general, this is something that may be possible for office workers, or people who do data entry. If your job is in retail, or the food service … Continue reading

Good and Bad News for Teenagers in America

Well its good and bad news for teenagers in America. The good news is that fewer teens are having babies and preterm birth rates are going down, along with death rates as a result of injury. There are also fewer teens participating in binge drinking. All of this comes from an annual report, “American’s Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Being, 2011” released from the “Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics”. I wish I could leave it at that but there is also some bad news. More teens are living in conditions of poverty and homes where at least … Continue reading

Do You Keep Up With Church News?

I have to admit that I don’t really keep up with the church news that well. I have no excuse, really. I live in UT, so many happenings in the church appear on the local news. I also receive the Deseret News newspaper, which is owned by the church. Every Saturday, they include a copy of the church news. Do I read it? Not really. I may skim through it, or look at the pictures, but I am sad to say, I really don’t know a lot of the day to day news that the church puts out. A great … Continue reading

Good News and Bad News About Rosetta Stone Language Software

Somehow I missed the news last week that Rosetta Stone program had introduced an online learning option called Rosetta Stone TOTALe This program delivers Rosetta Stone directly to your browser and requires a high speed internet connection. Rosetta Stone TOTALe consists of three parts. 1. There is RosettaCOURSE which is comparable to the traditional CDrom version many homeschoolers are already using. It teaches languages through the immersion method which teaches the language in a whole language approach. 2. RosettaSTUDIO allows users to practice with other learners in an online environment and also with Coaches in one hour sessions. Finally homeschooling … Continue reading

R.I.P. Rocky Mountain News

It seems as if the invention of the Internet is killing traditional print newspapers. For years now, I have been reading that subscriptions were down and that papers were in the red. Now, another “victim” has bitten the dust – Denver’s Rocky Mountain News. After almost 150 years in the business, the Rocky Mountain News sent out its last issue on Friday. What did the final headline read? It said “Goodbye, Colorado.” The articles went on to say “It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to you today. Our time chronicling the life of Denver and Colorado, the … Continue reading

Sharing the News with an Infertile Friend

With the rising infertility rates, it is likely that most pregnant women will have a friend or family member who is going through infertility. You may feel guilty, nervous or have reservations about sharing the news and causing your friend pain. Knowing all she’s been through to have a baby, you don’t want to cause her any more pain. I’ve been on both sides of his issue, and it isn’t fun from either position. The first six years of our marriage were spent trying to have a family. Over those years, it felt like most of the people we knew … Continue reading