Some Days It’s Just Hard

I love being a mom. It truly is one of the greatest joys in my life. Watching my daughter grow into the person she will become and knowing I had something to do with that, makes my heart happy. That’s not to say it is the easiest thing I’ve ever done. I thought parenting was difficult when I was married but it’s much harder as a single mom. For me, the toughest thing is not having that sounding board to bounce ideas off and get advice from. We all want to do what’s best for our child but sometimes it’s … Continue reading

More Home Based Business Ideas

Because home – based professionals are like snowflakes in that no two are exactly alike, I thought that I would share a list of a few more home – based business ideas. As with yesterday’s list this list may contain a great business idea for you, a bunch of things that you know that you don’t want to do, or an idea that inspires you to realize what you would like to do. If you are in the process of looking for the right home – based business idea for you, do not worry if it takes a while to … Continue reading

Tiny Home Business Ideas

Small businesses are a big investment to an individual. The business may be considered small but the time and effort are huge. You may not be interested in this type of business but would like to explore having multiple streams of income or just need to make extra money for the holidays or a vacation. So instead of the small business a tiny business maybe best suited for your goals. A tiny business is a low pressure business which relies on your talents and skills and does not rely on a large investment. It is a business you can do … Continue reading

Relieving Stress – Part 3

This is the last of my articles about relieving stress. Some of these ideas really go together. The first is volunteering. Volunteer to help someone else, someone less fortunate. The community is always looking for people to visit nursing homes and people who have no regular visits from family, drive them to shopping and doctors and other chores, provide meals for those unable to do it themselves, read to the elderly or blind, baby sit or care for children of busy moms so they can have a break, help those with caring for the sick or disabled, help with reading … Continue reading

Cheap Tools of the Trade

If you are a true frugal scrapper, you have looked around your house before and thought, “Could I use that on a scrapbook page?” Well, the answer was probably yes! I have a few ideas for using some household tools that maybe you haven’t thought of before. 1. Getting a distressed edge on a page. There are many ways to do this, but have you ever thought of using your zester? You know, like the one you use for your lemons or oranges when cooking? Try it out! It should give you that perfect distressed look! Just make sure you … Continue reading

More Tips for Dealing with Stress in Marriage

Here are some more tips to help you deal with stress in your marriage and your life. Spend time each day deliberately not thinking about the negatives and what is wrong with your marriage or life, but look for 1-3 positives each day in your marriage and in your life. When you start looking for positives I’m sure you’ll find some. A gratitude journal is a good idea for keeping an eye on the positives on your life. Listening to music soothes our soul as one of our local choir songs reminds me. Sing along. Who cares what it sounds … Continue reading

Tips for Dealing with Stress in Marriage

We’d all like life to be great all the time but the reality is, at times, life is stressful. It’s how we deal with stress that matters. Yesterday, we looked at the effects excess alcohol can cause in a marriage. But the reason a spouse usually drinks to excess, could be because they are trying to find a way to deal with stress. Stress is something that affects all marriages at time, whether it is financial stress, illness, job related, death of a loved one, or family issues – the list is endless. Alcohol never solves problems but actually can … Continue reading

Holiday Gift Ideas for Pregnant Women

The holidays are approaching quickly. If you have a pregnant woman on your gift list, you may be wondering what to get her. Of course, your gift doesn’t have to be related to pregnancy or motherhood, but here are some ideas if you are stuck for ideas. Maternity Clothing: Nearly all pregnant women need comfortable clothes that fit. If she is a professional woman, she will have a greater need for good clothes to wear to work. Shopping for maternity clothes may not be something you want to do, especially if you don’t know her taste or size. In this … Continue reading

Trendy Home Made Christmas Gifts

Yes, I know Christmas is still two months away, but what better time to get started on making some great Christmas gifts. Forget the old crocheted pot holders. While they may be nice, they certainly aren’t the most requested on everyone’s wish list. Instead take a look at what the trends say are going to be the hottest requested and given gifts this Christmas season. Home made gifts are definitely in for this season, probably because everyone is so budget conscious. The best part of these trendy gifts is that you can make them yourself frugally. Give gifts of your … Continue reading

Ideas for Volunteering with a Toddler or Preschooler

Making the time to do good works is important for all families. Getting children started early with the concept of volunteerism is a wonderful way to make the acts so much a part of their lives that it comes natural for them. One of the added benefits of volunteering with your toddler or preschooler is that it may give you the means and motivation to volunteer yourself. Isn’t it difficult to carve out the time to volunteer when you are busy taking care of little ones. Making volunteering a family affair solves that problem! So how can you get started? … Continue reading