Last Minute Superbowl Food for Less Than $10!

It was such a busy weekend. I didn’t even have time to put anything into the crockpot or even defrost some chicken. As a result, dinner time was fast approaching and there was nothing on the table. What makes it worse is that it is Superbowl Sunday! Ack! Here are some of my favorite ways to use prepared food for last minute cooking and still save money. Rotisserie Chicken Around here, an already cooked rotisserie chicken will run you about $7.99. Ouch, right? Still, it beats take out at $25-$40 (the prices in my area to feed our family of … Continue reading

Simple Open-Faced Tuna Melt

For a quick and warm lunch on a cool fall day, there is practically nothing easier to make than the simple open-faced tuna melt. With just a few ingredients, it can be made in a few minutes, and it also has the flexibility of being customized, if you have more time. I made this lunch for myself today, while my youngest child was playing on our backyard swingset. Before he ever got tired of the swing, my lunch was made and enjoyed. It certain beats cold chicken nuggets or half a peanut butter and jelly sandwich left over from the … Continue reading