Why Working Parents Can Feel Fortunate Too

I have noticed how often parents who stay at home refer to themselves as “lucky” or “fortunate” to be able to do that—stay home and not have to work outside the home. I have to admit, however, that many of the working parents I know and have known feel fortunate to be able to work too. It just seems to be less socially acceptable for us to confess that we feel like lucky parents and people to be able to work and be parents too. I thought it might be time to tell the other side of the story. There … Continue reading

Are You a Working Mother?

I know, your first reaction was “Aren’t ALL mothers working mothers?” Yes, they definitely are, but WorkingMother.com is geared toward moms who work outside the home. They’re looking for working moms whose children play video games to take a brief survey. In consideration, they’ll send you a $5 Best Buy gift card by mail. It takes about six weeks to get the card, but the questionnaire only takes a few minutes. $5 for a short quiz is very good pay. We are signed up with just one research firm, and take one or two surveys a month. Usually they’re geared … Continue reading