Tips for Avoiding Work at Home Scams

One thing that you may already know about the world of home – based business is that there are many scams out there that are designed to get the attention of people who want to work from home. It is frustrating to look for work at home jobs or home based business opportunities sometimes because it can be hard to tell what is legitimate and what is a scam. Scammers are always finding new and creative ways to dupe well intentioned people with home – based dreams. The answer to the question of what to do about home – based … Continue reading

Beware of Work at Home Scams

So you want to work from home? One of the downfalls to pursuing a work at home job is figuring out if what you are getting into is legitimate. So beware of work at home scams. One of the first clues to look for is a job that makes unrealistic promises. When you are encouraged to quit your day job, when you are told you can retire before you are 30 years old or if you are enticed with a $50,000 a week paycheck…run. Don’t walk, run! Then on top of it they will often say that it requires nothing … Continue reading

Talking About Home Based Work With Family and Friends

If you are considering making the move to working from home, you may be excited to take steps in the direction of your dreams. As you go through the steps of researching home – based business options and opportunities to see what you may be interested in, it is natural to want to talk about some of the things that you see with family and friends. When you have dreams and aspirations such as switching from the world of traditional work to working from home, it is important to know that there are people that support you, who are interested … Continue reading

Combining Working at Home With Homeschooling

Some parents choose to work from home so that they can homeschool their children. I did not initially know whether we would be homeschooling when I decided to open my home based businesses after the birth of our first son. It was always a possibility, and now that it is time for him to go to preschool, I have decided that that is what we will do, at least as far as preschool is concerned. Preschool in my local area is fairly expensive, and there are not a lot of choices. Since I am at home with our baby anyways, and … Continue reading

Avoiding Home Business Scams Just Got Easier

It has been a while since I have looked at any interesting books that home – based professionals or aspiring home – based professionals might find helpful. Today, I went looking for just that kind of book and I found it. The book, “I Got Scammed So You Don’t Have To : How to Find Legitimate Work at Home and Random Jobs in a Scamming Economy ”, has a very long title. Fortunately, the title of this book by author Bethany Mooradian accurately describes what you will find inside. Ms. Mooradian has a lot of experience working at all kinds of … Continue reading

Scam Busting Tips For Home Based Hopefuls

It has been a while since I last wrote about a topic that should be top of mind for anyone who is interested in working from home – scams. If you are thinking of finding a home – based business opportunity instead of creating your own home – based business, this topic should be of particular interest to you. People who are looking to work at home are a target of many different types of fraudulent activity. It is important to know how to spot home – based business scams so that you do not lose the money that you … Continue reading

Hello Your Home Based Job Is Calling

There’s a good chance that you have had to call a customer support phone number at some time or another. What you may not know is that the call center representative with whom you spoke may have been working from home. Home – based workers who keep all different kinds of work schedules enable companies to provide support to their customers around the clock. If you would like to work from home, you may want to see whether working as a call center representative is the right home – based job for you. As a heads up, be aware that … Continue reading

Home Based Work As A Summer Job

If you are the parent of a high school or college student who is feeling stressed out because there are not many summer jobs in your local area, you are not alone. The job market is full of people looking for work, and any position that becomes available receives a ton of applicants. The good news is that your teen or college student could spend his or her summer working online and learning what it is like to be a home based professional. Many teens and college students have computer skills, writing skills, and other types of skills that qualify … Continue reading

Home Based Business Opportunity Overview – Amway

One of the largest and oldest home – based direct sales business opportunities out there is Amway. Amway is the larger organization behind an entire family of brands that encompass everything from skin care to nutrition, light bulbs, and more. Amway has been around for over fifty years, and the company continues to grow its sales as well as develop new products. Amway was started by two men, Jay Van Andel and Rich DeVos, who developed a product called Liquid Organic Cleaner. The cleaner, which was an environmentally friendly multipurpose cleaner, was very popular when it was introduced in 1959. … Continue reading

Watch Out for Fake Collection Call Scams

Beware of fake collection call scams. They will try to separate you from your money in no time. With the current economy, many people are finding that they have to juggle a bunch of bills and may be used to getting calls from collection agencies, or they may have a friend or family member in such a situation. But what if the collection agency isn’t real? If you aren’t careful you could wind up giving your hard earned money to con artists. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), which was formed from a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation … Continue reading